Adorable Pup’s Allergic Reaction To A Sting Has A Happy Ending

Taking care of our pets means knowing what to do in the case of a minor or major emergency.

While it may be impossible to be prepared for everypossible pet crisis, there are plenty of ways we can be ready just in case — like knowing how to perform doggie CPR.

And when it comes to your pet being stung by a bee, it can be just as important to know the proper way to respond.

Natthathida Nilburt posted photos of her sister’s dog onFacebook showing a large adverse reaction he had to some kind of bite or sting. The poor dog’s face swelled to an enormous and abnormal size.

Fortunately, the pup was able to receive the necessary medical attention. But knowing what to do in such a situation — as this dog’s owner did — can mean the difference between life and death for your pup.

Scroll through below to see how this canine kept smiling, almost to a comical degree, in spite of a swollen face, as well as to find out how you should respond in the case of an allergic reaction to a bee sting!

dog bee sting

When this dog had a severe allergic reaction to some kind of sting, his face blew up to what appears to be double its normal size.

Fortunately, his owner knew to get him medical attention right away and, according to the Dodo, he “was given medication and has since recovered.”

dog bee sting

According to “America’s Veterinarian,” Dr. Marty Becker, stings should be taken very seriously.

He writes, “Bees, ants, wasps, mosquitoes, and spiders can all sting or bite, causing small swollen areas that are painful and itchy.”

Once you recognize that your dog has been stung, it is important to get the stinger out as fast as you can.

Dr. Paul Richieri tells Vet Street, “Removal of the stinger should be done using a credit card to scrape it out. Do not try to squeeze the stinger out with your fingers… because the venom sac may rupture.”

Some pets will not have an adverse reaction at all. But if your dog does have noticeable swelling, starts vomiting, or has pale gums, it is extremely important to get them medical attention right away.

Call your vet immediately and take your pet to the nearest emergency animal clinic.

While the potential of a bee sting is not a major cause for worry, it is always important to know what to do just in case.

And with this adorable, yet swollen pup, getting him the necessary attention and medication eliminated any potential threat and downgraded a possible emergency into a set of funny doggie photographs.

Please SHARE this pup’s adorable photos and this vital information about pet bee stings with dog owners everywhere!

Written by Dorathy Blues

Dorathy is a freelance writer from Arkansas, US